Saturday, April 28, 2012

Canadian Cancer Society Cookies

You know, when I started decorating desserts for fun, when I started the baking dreamer blog, when I decided I would try my luck at building up a business, I just never thought I would be making a cookie with a cancer society logo on it... But when my good friend Rozanne, future cure for cancer inventor, asked me to make cookies to use on that organisation's bake sale, I was more than happy to do it. Plus, being in Canada, she only needed the pictures, not the cookies, so I really just have a bunch of cookies to eat now...that's always a plus...
So I went on the net to take a look at the logo and was happy to see that it was a pretty one, a relatively easy one, one that could take a few variations, and well, as a plus, after making those 20 Minuten cookies, I had almost the right shade of blue for the background already prepared! So I really tried new things here. The best one, and probably, when doing it correctly, this system always has the best result, a complete fondant deco. That's the cookie on the left, or the second picture.


I had never actually tried cookies with fondant before, and I will tell you why, the idea of eating a simple sugar cookie with slabs of sweet play-doh consistency fondant on it, almost makes me feel sick... I don't even dislike fondant, but it is still the last thing I would choose to eat (out of the ok tasting foods)The result though, speaks for itself:


Second, I wanted to do something 3d and just super pretty, so I made a daffodil in the look of the logo, also out of gumpaste/fondant and just placed it on my royal iced cookie. This is my favorite...


My two best efforts:


I think for me, the cartoony version of every single type of cookie (with a black outline) is always my personal favorite though. I just always prefer it because I happen to like cartoons alot. Not everyone agrees with me, I am sure...


To finish off, all of the cookies. With sparkles, with a blue flower and a yellow background, fondant, royal icing, round, square and just the flowers, this is the Canadian Cancer Society cookie platter I managed to come up with.


In the end, Rozanne says she likes them, so that is the most important thing. I am just especially happy I tried the whole fondant experience, because it sure does make a cookie look absolutely flawless... What do you guys think? Any favorites? Now I am off to eat the cookies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment