Friday, May 4, 2012

Always make time for a dozen mini cupcakes...

I was rather surprised when my mother-in-law asked me to make some cupcakes for her friends birthday a few days ago... How should I put this...I think she really liked the cupcakes I made for her birthday last year (they were a surprise) but she wasn't very vocal about it, so I really didn't quite know what she really thought. For those of you who used to read my old blog, they were the cupcakes with the tiny roses on them? Ah, let me put up a small reminder... Anyway, up until a few days ago, I wasn't sure if she was quite into the whole cupcake, That Baking Girl, new life direction thing... 


But then she asked if I had time to make something simple for her friend...well, I like simple, and I like complicated, I especially like trying a few new things while using the tried and tested. 
So while I was in the middle of a cookie order (will only be able to post up the result next wednesday, but ladies and gentleman be warned, the cookies are CUTE!!!), I fit in the making and decorating of 12 mini cupcakes. I made the fondant banner that same evening so it could get hard and stay in shape. Used rubber stamp letters to imprint into it and then filled it with powdered food paint. Happy Birthday!


And with the new came the routine...the buttercream flowers. They just always achieve a prettiness with simplicity... For those of you wondering, the buttercream is the exact colour of the banner, but I have noticed that my sony camera turns almost all purple tones into blue or grey. It probably left the right colour on the banner because of the contrast to the white buttercream? Anyway...won't get into technology tonight!


So these were my cupcakes in the midst of cookie overload! Stay tuned for some buzzing cookies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment