Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Our Stand in Gossau

It is wednesday, and the fair ended on sunday...so needless to say, if it would have been a success, I would have posted about it right away, right? Right. It was a total and utter failiure/disaster, loss of money, bruising of ego, madening, waste of time EVER!

Let me run you through it : my friend and I decided since we make cute things, I bake, she sews, we could take the opportunity to sell our things at our village fair. Let me point out, we do live in a village, but our village is 20 minutes away from the richest, biggest town in Switzerland. We don't live in some backward hole...or so I thought (but that could just be the bitterness talking). So we planned and planned and once it was time, I went out and bought my supplies. Then I baked and decorated, for a week. Yes, a week.


200 cakepops, all in the colours my friend's cute sewn elephants were, pink, blue and white, not all the same, some with sugars, others with sprinkles or plain, or shiny, etc...




Almost 40 decorated cookies (Cupcakes and Elephants being our theme), all of them decorated individually...



About 200 yummy chocolate chip/black and white cookies, which we stuffed our faces with...




About 120 Chocolate cupcakes, decorated with either chocolate cream cheese frosting or meringue buttercream. With quite a few differents looks.



Same thing for vanilla except I got 150 out of the 2 recipes...




The same pretty colours as the cakepops and the decorated cookies.



Our beautiful stand, or so we thought...


The cupcakes melted, so we just left the chocolate ones and hoped that people would still ask what we have...



A bit closer...
I sold almost all the decorated cookies, about 3 cakepops, 10 cupcakes and 10 yummy cookies. I am not joking. I would like to thank the few friends that came by and actually bought something, without you, well I don't really know...
Gossau, zh was not ready for our beautiful stand. Either they were insulted there was something so American looking at their local market, or it was too warm to grab a cupcake, or they have no sense of esthetics, we couldn't figure it out. Again, I am bitter while writing this...but one thing is for sure, I love creating these lovely dessert tables and it won't be the last time I do... but certainly the last time for a market!
The good thing : my friend and I got to talk about all the girl stuff we could possibly talk about, think about, get red about, and because of that, this total catastrophy is almost entirely forgotten. Now if I could just win the lottery to replace the money I lost, everything would be right with the world again... next post will be about what I love best, cookies!

2 comments:

  1. Oh das ist schade.
    Deine Cakepops sind lecker gewesen.
    Vorallem haben wir dich gefunden um einen Cookiekurs zu machen
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danke! Es freut mich echt sehr dass ihr euch gemeldet habt! Ohne euch hätte ich als einzige positive erfahrung (neben dem dass ich mit der kollegin ungestört quatschen konnte!) den wissen dass ich sehr viel für einen bestimmten tag backen kann! Ich freue mich sehr auf dem kurs!

    ReplyDelete