Friday, May 25, 2012

Motörhead Cookies...yes, you read correctly...

A few days ago, I was sort of wondering what my next project would be...pretty certain it would be something for me...I mean right now I am lucky to even be making so many things for others considering my site still isn't up...but mostly I try to improve my skills by making things I find pretty and trying new things. That same evening, after having decided what I was going to do (can't actually remember now!), I got an email from my brother-in-law with a picture asking if I could make a cookie. Just one. Of the Motörhead logo. I looked at it and sighed. Then I looked at it again and thought, my god, what an ugly logo. And by the 3rd time I looked, I saw a challenge. Once I printed the logo, I had figured out what my best option was.
Ok, so, first, I thought, I will be making a few and whichever, if any, turn out correctly, he will get. I thought, my best best, entirely out of fondant would look the best, but I have only ever made one cookie with fondant (canadian cancer society cookies) and it wasn't all too challenging... so I figured I would try with royal icing as well, and then if nothing worked, I would try to take an easier logo of motörhead than the sent picture. So I made about 10 cookies, but only ended up decorating one. Why?
Well, first of all, it took me 6 hours to make. Second, it turned out pretty much perfect, I wouldn't know how to get it better and I doubt I would be able to make it again! So here you have it people, 6 hours of work, hand cut, modeled, painted, repainted, repainted and repainted to produce probably my very best made cookie, but certainly one of the ugliest cookies ever made as well!!! 





3d effect...


Here next to the picture I got...the eyes aren't coming out much on this picture, but you can see from the others that they are indeed red.


I put it up on facebook last night, and to be honest, I think most people either think it's something else than a cookie or it's too creepy for them! Either way, it's not a favorite of most I think!! But, to counter such darkness, I have come up with a plan. An equally long task, but I am sure if it works out, most will melt under its cuteness factor. In the meantime, Rock On!!!

3 comments:

  1. This is badass girl! You nailed it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is badass girl! You nailed it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do you mean that's one of the coolest logos in rock and roll 🤔 but you did do a great job in making it ♠️🎸♠️🥁♠️⚡

    ReplyDelete