Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Yummy cookies

You know I love cookies, everything about them makes me happy really...I like that it's a portionned dessert...you know what I mean? I sort of don't ever know what to do faced with a cake. I tend to think, ok, not too big a piece but will I look like I am on a diet if I say cut me a sliver? What if I don't like the topping, I will have to finish the entire piece! Well, cookies are not only usually really tasty or at least pretty, they are quite litterally bite-sized. You can have one and be polite or 10 and be an ogre. Whatever you choose, the person who made them will be happy. My favortite cookies are still, the chocolate chip, and most specifically, this particular recipe that I am too lazy to write, but if someone wants it, I am more than willing to share! It is so soft and chewy, melt in your mouth! I am sure, if you prefer a crispier version, just leave it in the oven for 4 minutes more and you would have a perfect crispy CCC. But, I like soft and chewy...anyway, let me move on...
A few months ago, I delivered some whoopie pies for a lovely lady in Ireland whose sister lives here in Switzerland. Well, she has ordered again (yay a returning customer!!!) and this time, had another special request! How to integrate our wonderful swiss chocolate, specifically Cailler Branches Chocolates, into a cookie? I felt there was no point in chopping it up and use as CC because you wouldn't recognize them as that particular chocolate. We both agreed stuffing a piece in the middle would be best.
I made exactly 4 extras, took a picture and gave one piece to Andy, took the other for myself...needless to say, without tooting my own horn...they are delicious! Maybe the chocolate looks puny sized in the picture, but it is just right, and the dough is heavenly! So I will be sending them off this morning and hope that they will arrive tomorrow morning...and just to see, I used one of the spares to breakfast on this morning, and we were right last night...really really YUMMY!!! 



                                      





Hope you like these!! What kind of cookies do you guys like best to eat? Have a great day!!

1 comment: